Alright, so the time is right for the comms2point0 unawards. It'll be a chance to celebrate good work. Are you in?
Today we're announcing the comms2point0 unawards to help celebrate good work by comms people across the UK.
We want to hail the unsung heroes and the unpraised teams that are doing great work day in and day out often without credit.
There's a place for £200 to enter and £100 a plate awards but we also think there's a place for the comms2point0 community to come together and applaud their peers with some awards, a film, a social and some cheese and pineapple on a stick.
But we need your help to make it really fly so here's the deal.
Early June. We crowdsource the award categories. We kicked around the idea a while back so we've got a head start.
Mid June. We pin down the list and we invite entries.
July and August. We whittle down a shortlist
August. We publish the shortlist.
August and September. You vote on which ones you like best.
September. We hire the glittering Electric Cinema in Birmingham's cultural quarter where we present the awards and we watch a suitable comms-related film. Like 'Rocky' or 'In The Loop' and then we nip out for a buffet in a pub with cheese and onion sandwiches, pineapples and cheese on a stick and Black Forest Gateau and we put the world to rights.
A shortlist of potential categories
- Best Pun In a Press Release Award (thanks Ben Caspersz for that).
- Finest Mis-use of a Corporate Identity Award (the eagle-eyed nominee gets the award on their behalf.)
- Best Comms Team Award
- Best Comms Officer Award
- Best Email Marketing Campaign Award
- Best Innovative Use of Social Media by a Health and Wellbeing Board Award
- Lifetime Achievement to Comms Award
- My Best Fail Award
- Most Creative Pic Involving a Bunch of Suits Award (thanks Ian Curwen for that.)
- Best Infographic Award
- Best Internalcomms Award
- Worst Promotional Poster Award
- Best Non-Comms Digital Comms Person or Team Award.
- Best Community Engagement Award (thanks Katie Canning for that.)
- Best Channel Shift Comms Award
We want to keep the entry fee as low as possible so we can encourage those who don't normally chip in for awards.
Yes, there will be sponsorship opportunities where your company can help bask in the reflected glow of helping put on 2014's most prestigious awards. We'd love to hear from you. Drop a line to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
So does the list category nail it? Tell us. And tell us your alternative categories.
Dan Slee and Darren Caveney co-founded comms2point0.
Keep up to date with unawards news and our best posts by signing up to our weekly email. You can do that here.