Well 2016 was a year we’ll not forget in a hurry.
by Darren Caveney
Despite the world being intent on self-destruction at times there were some memorable moments too. I prefer to focus on the positives.
From a work perspective there were many pieces of work which made me grateful and proud to work in our fine industry and so some end of year reflective thank you’s are in order.
I would like to say a big, hearty thank you to…
- everyone who wrote a post for comms2point0.co.uk
- everyone who asked me to deliver a comms review or some strategic support and consultancy
- everyone who crafted the 332 UnAwards16 entries and came along to the big day
- everyone who asked for some mentoring help
- everyone who chipped into the conversation on @comms2point0
- everyone that came along to one our workshops, masterclasses or events
- everyone who placed a job ad with us (and those who applied and got new gigs)
- and everyone who ever said a nice thing about comms2point0 or comms2point0.co.uk and supported the things we try to do ( we always, always appreciate it)
We must never forget that we’re all in a community with a tonne of knowledge, skills, lessons and kindness. Let’s keep hold of that in 2017.
Whether Christmas is your thing or not try to get some quality down-time, keep away from the work phone wherever possible and tell your loved ones that you love them.
Darren Caveney is creator of comms2point0 and owner of creative communicators ltd
image via the State Archive of Florida