What you'll learn
During the workshop we’ll take you through the complete cycle of communications planning and delivery with a real focus on the effective use of digital. We’ll take you through our ‘9-step digital planning cycle’ which includes:
- Planning and objectives – including our easy-to-follow comms plan template
- The importance of research
- Resourcing your work – including tips to create headspace by turning a long list of demands and priorities into something more manageable
- Identifying your audiences - including up to date data on the media landscape and how different age groups are consuming the media
- Developing a winning comms plan or campaign - including brilliant case studies
- The channels, platforms and tools to make your campaign fly
- How to create good content for digital channels - including creating compelling ways to engage with your audiences
- Review and evaluation – why you must and how to do it
- Reporting back - why you need to report and promote your work internally and great examples of how others do it
Can't see the wood for the trees?
We all know the frustration of a spiralling to-do list and growing expectations. But do you understand your demands, activities and costs?
We’ll give you the tools and a simple, hands-on process which you can use to help ease your increasing workload and priorities. This will help you to agree real and deliverable priorities to give you and your team the headspace to deliver effectively and creatively.
Strategic. And tactical.
The reality is that we comms people need to be both strategic and tactical these days. It's what will keep you effective and employable. And it's the strategic skills that are most likely to help you get that more senior role.
So, we'll look at the strategic side of comms planning and share top tips and knowledge. And we'll also look at the tactical skills to help keep your comms creative and smart. Come armed with your smartphone as we'll include a hands-on session on creating great content.
Who is this workshop aimed at?
Communications, pr, press office, marketing and digital people at all levels, whatever your grade or knowledge of communicating in a digital world. This 9-step workshop will equip you with an extensive set of tips, case studies, planning advice, good practice examples and practical help to make your communications fly and make a difference.
Whether you're a head of comms looking to organise your team and you're work demands differently to adapt to an ever-changing world, a comms person wanting to be more strategic to help you gain a more senior role, or an all-rounder who wants to see how other organisations deliver their comms, pr and digital, this all-new workshop will arm you with a bucketful of tools and tips, experiences and examples to guide your plans, campaigns, channels and tactics.
We've created this workshop because we felt there was a gap which should be filled. It's been created exclusively by us and is based on five-years of rich learning through comms2point0, the many strategic communications reviews we're undertaken for organisations, and from the experiences gained from the senior roles we've held in And if you want to bring more team members along we are offering a special ‘buy four, get five’ ticket offer.
Where and when?
This all-new workshop takes place on Friday December 9 at the swish COSLA Centre in beautiful Edinburgh, next to the city's Haymarket train station.
Don’t forget too that attendance at this event can be used towards your CIPR CPD.
How can I book?
Places are £195 + VAT. Book a place by dropping a note through by email to Dan Slee firstname.lastname@example.org and nominate an e-invoice or a traditional invoice for a BACS payment.