There's no question that video needs to be front and central in the comms teams' mix.
We know how important good video, with compelling content that reaches out to its intended audience, is. But, there is a gap in the vital hands-on skills and knowledge needed to create and deliver quality films which make a difference and don't cost the earth.
Which is why we at comms2point0 have teamed-up with experienced filmmaker, Steven Davies, to offer a one-day essential video skills for comms workshop. Creative director of Filmcafe Ltd, and senior lecturer in TV and digital media at Glyndwr University, Steven has more than a decade of experience working for BBC, ITV, Sky and Channel 4.
He has also made scores of short films for clients in the public sector and beyond. He knows what works, and understands all the key elements needed to make effective video that will help deliver your message and improve your online content.
The workshop will be fun, informal and essential to anyone wanting to get to grips with video.
What you will learn
- Future proof your comms team by learning where video needs to fit as part of the comms mix
- Where video needs to fit into your comms strategy
- Learn the difference between video for vine, instagram, Twitter and YouTube
- Learn the best professional skills and software to use
- Learn hands-on skills to create simple, effective and imaginative video content
- Learn techniques you'll need and what software to use for an Android or iPhone both to shoot and edit
- Learn about the new live streaming Periscope and Facebook Live
- Learn how to upload video effectively
- Learn how to evaluate the effectiveness of videos
- Understand where video is moving next
As a bonus...
In the days after the workshop, shoot a short practice film and have your work critiqued by Steve.
Who is this for?
Suitable for anyone but particularly targetted to comms, PR, marketing and digital professionals who are looking for an understanding of the strategic importance of video and the basic hands-on skills to create quality content.
How do I get to the EXETER venue?
What others have said...
One of my key objectives for the next six months is to produce a video to go on our website that illustrates step-by-step the licence application process at the GLA. Having attended this course I now have the enthusiasm (yes, me!) and feel I have all the necessary skills and knowledge to be able to carry this out and produce something that will not only fit the brief but will also look professional.
- Paul Fearn, Gangmasters Licensing Authority
Would highly recommend this video workshop...just been on the one in Manchester. Brill. https://t.co/fy8f7XYi7y
— Nicky Speed (@NicsterComms) July 23, 20
Great course. Recommend it if you want to do more video stuff with very little kit. https://t.co/MrH0JPRgEx
— Joseph Field (@joemcafield) January 6, 2016
But, be quick... Only 24 places are up for grabs at each event - and our previous have all sold out - so get booking and come along armed with your smartphone.
PRICE £195 + VAT
That's great. How do I sign-up?.... There's TWO options.
Firstly, you can book through a traditional invoice by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Secondly, you can also email email@example.com to request an e-invoice that can be settled with any credit card.