There's no question that video needs to be front and central in the comms teams' mix.
We know how important good video, with compelling content that reaches out to its intended audience, is. But, there is a gap in the vital hands-on skills and knowledge needed to create and deliver quality films which make a difference and don't cost the earth.
We're hugely proud that we were the first people to offer bespoke video skills training for communications people more than two years ago.
We've trained more than 500 people across the UK and Republic of Ireland. They've gone on to make great content and even win awards.
Who is this for?
This is for communications, marketing, graphic designers and web people. You can be public sector, private sector, charity sector or freelance.
Who delivers the workshop?
Dan Slee, comms2point0 co-founder, who has spent more than 20 years working for and with the media.
Steven Davies, creative director of Filmcafe Ltd, a University lecturer in TV and digital media with more than a decade of experience working for BBC, ITV, Sky and Channel 4.
The workshop will be fun, informal and essential to anyone wanting to get to grips with video.
What you will learn
- How best to place video into your comms mix to help you with your strategy.
- How best to work out if a video is needed... or not.
- What the difference is between live and recorded video
- How best to plan your video.
- How best to compose your shots.
- How best to decide who to include... and ways to include those you have to include.
- How best to record the best consistent footage.
- How best to use light to the best effect.
- How best to shoot an interview.
- How best to record sound.
- How best to edit using an android or apple device.
- How best to add cutaways to your edit.
- How best to add music without getting sued.
- How best to add text and logos.
- How best to add a voiceover.
- How best to decide the length of the edit to suit your channel.
- How best to get the most out of your video once it has finished.
- What kit you'll need.
As a bonus...
In the days after the workshop, shoot a short practice film and have your work critiqued.
How do I get to the venue?
Ziferblat is in the Northern Quarter of Manchester in Edge Street. It is 15-minutes from Piccadilly and 10 minutes from Victoria. More here.
But, be quick... Only 24 places are up for grabs at each event so get booking and come along armed with your smartphone.
PRICE £195 + VAT
That's great. How do I sign-up?.... There's two options.
- A traditional invoice or an e-invoice.
email firstname.lastname@example.org to book and for more info.