It's an ever-changing world and how your audience is using the media is changing.
You need to learn how to navigate around today’s media landscape to find your audience and create effective comms content that will reach them and get results.
Comms has never been easier but has never been harder. To be successful you need to know where your audience is and how to best reach them.
Who is this for?
This is for communications, PR and press officers of all levels and experience who are looking to build their skills in digital communications.
Who delivers the workshop?
The workshop is delivered by award-winning comms2point0 co-founder Dan Slee who has more than 20 years working for and with the media. He co-founded the annual Commscamp event and spent five years developing social media strategy and delivery in the public sector.
Sarah Lay has more than 15 years experience working in digital communications in the public and private sector and has won the unawards lifetime achievement award.
What will you learn?
Strategic skills to give you the big picture.
· How to better focus your communications to plug into the corporate priorities.
· How to make a better use of your time to help you say ‘no’ to the wrong comms and ‘yes’ to the right.
· Learn what an engaging social media policy should look like to help make your communications more digitally connected.
Insight to help you know where your audience is in 2018.
· Understand where your audience can be found online and offline – demographic by demographic – based on a range of data. You’ll take home our handy resource to help you.
· Understand how to research and engage with Facebook pages and groups in your community – with some cutting edge learning from research into more than 1,000 groups and pages.
· Understand who uses leading social media channels of YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook Messenger, WhatsApp Instagram and Snapchat and look at best case examples on how to use them. You’ll take home our crib sheet.
· Understand the role of video and where it sits in today’s landscape. You’ll understand where and how it can work.
Practical skills to help you make engaging content.
· Understand how to create a focused and evaluated comms plan with a simple to follow process.
· Learn how to create good digital content for a range of platforms with text, GIFs, and images to engage and drive traffic that can work on a range of platforms.
How do I get to the venue?
NCVO is in All Saints Street, London 10 minutes walk from Kings Cross railway station. You can find more details here.
As a bonus:
In the weeks after the event you can have your work critiqued by Dan.
PRICE £234 + VAT
That's great. How do I sign-up?.... you can emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.