(Fixed Term 12 month contract – Maternity Cover)
Role Reference: 156 - 50013823
Closing date: 28 October 2016
Britain’s oldest brewer, Shepherd Neame, is an independent family brewery and pub operator based in the market town of Faversham in Kent. Beer quality is paramount, and we have won more than 40 international awards for our beer in the last five years. Our popular range of ales and lagers, available on draught and in bottle, include Spitfire, Bishops Finger, Master Brew and the new Whitstable Bay Collection. We also brew speciality beers such as Asahi and Samuel Adams Boston Lager under license.
A rare opportunity has now arisen for an exceptional person to join our communications team at the start of December 2016.
The ideal candidate will have press office experience and be a flawless copywriter who is able to tailor their writing to a variety of mediums and projects.
They will also have experience of managing a diverse news agenda and handling media enquiries. Other essential skills include building media databases and compiling coverage reports and analysis. Desktop publishing, photo editing and basic digital video editing skills would be an advantage.
For the role you will required the following skills and experience:
· A high degree of literacy and excellent writing skills
· Experience at providing counsel regarding media enquiries
· Attention to detail, meticulousness and proof reading skills
· MS Office
· Online media database / coverage
· Use of Digital cameras
Ideally you will also have:
· PR or journalism qualification
· Experience in the leisure industry or FMCG
Responsibilities will include:
· Handling media enquiries
· Day-to-day management of the news diary
· Managing media coverage and subsequent reports
· Compiling content:
- Copywriting: statements; press release; statements; website copy;
direct communications; forward feature responses
- Proofing and editing
- Images: briefing photographers; archiving images
· Building press release distribution lists
· Supporting the Corporate Affairs Manager
· Internal communications: e-newsletters; digital signage
· Administrative support
If you would like to be considered for this position, please apply in writing enclosing your CV and covering letter outlining relevant experience. Please also enclose a writing portfolio demonstrating your diversity of copywriting skills and experience (nonreturnable) to: HR@shepherd-neame.co.uk
Please state the reference of the position in the subject line of your email.
Closing date for applications: 28th October 2016