Community Engagement Executive
Location: London (Waterloo based with travel)
Closing date: 1 December 2017
With a passion for politics, and a commitment to community, Cratus Communications provides advocacy for organisations who would like to engage the public sector and the communities it serves. The main body of Cratus’ work has historically been advising on Planning applications and providing additional pre-consent support, and the Cratus Communities team was established in July this year to complement this work with a post-consent community building function. The Director of Communities is now seeking to build an enthusiastic new individual committed to communication and engagement to grow this exciting new area.
To assist the Director of Communities in identifying, developing and delivering a set of communication and engagement activities and campaigns that both inform and really engage local political and community stakeholders in residential regeneration projects.
· Support the Director of Communities as the main point of contact for local stakeholders, managing email correspondence and responding to phone calls, deputising at meetings or events as needed
· Build strong, positive relationships with local community members, politicians and key partners
· Assist in development and delivery of communication and engagement strategies for specific developments
· Support the development and delivery of questionnaires, general communications and consultation events
· Undertake analysis of consultation responses and draft reports and recommendations as a result of consultation / engagement
· Champion best practice communication across each project, working with clients to develop effective engagement practices
· Assist in developing stakeholder matrices and contribute as directed to developing copy for e-newsletters, local magazine features and press releases
· Assist in the organisation and delivery of community events such as summer fun days and Christmas light switch-ons
· Attend meetings which contribute to building excellent relationships for the client and the community, taking efficient minutes where directed
· Update and write content for web pages
· Full driving licence – essential
· Minimum of two years’ experience working in corporate communication / engagement environment, private or public sector
· Understanding of the workings of local government – essential
· Excellent oral communication skills with the ability to engage effectively with a wide range of people in different environments
· Excellent writing skills with the ability to produce accurate copy to meet deadlines
· Strong time management with the ability to work on several projects at any one time
· Good negotiation and influencing skills
· Communicate effectively with people from all backgrounds and build new effective engagement networks
· Learn quickly and adapt to new situations
· Communication and engagement techniques
· The national policy context around local government’s housing agenda
For further information about this role please contact Gemma Gallant, Director of Communities, by calling 07554 428792.
For more information and to apply visit here.