Strategic communications and engagement manager
Dorset County Council
Salary: £47,989 - £59,478
Full Time, Permanent
Closing Date: 14 January 2018
Be part of something fresh, new and exciting as our strategic communications and engagement lead.
This newly created role will be instrumental in delivering a high quality, innovative service bringing functions across the council into one new service.
You must have a proven track record in change management and developing joint strategies. You’ll be good at building relationships, politically aware and confident in advising senior leaders.
The scope of the role covers everything from developing a pro-active and forward thinking approach to internal and external communications and engagement to developing collaborative relationships with a range of partners.
The context statement details exactly what we are looking for, but as you'd expect, you’ll need significant communications and engagement experience at a strategic level.
- Proven experience with fresh thinking and ideas
- First class influencing and relationship-building skills
- Experience of monitoring and evaluating progress and delivery of campaigns and activity
- Confident, sociable and hardworking who enjoys working in a fast-paced team
- Driven and proactive. This is a new role, so you'll need to be able to drive activity forward using your initiative
- An inspiring leader, bringing colleagues together into one team and carrying them with you
In return, we offer:
- A genuinely passionate team who are ambitious about what communications and engagement can achieve
- An exciting opportunity for you to shape the future of the service
And if that wasn’t enough we have…
- Flexible working arrangements & family friendly policies
- Generous leave entitlement and competitive salary
- A beautiful county with a rich heritage to live and work in
If you are what we’re looking for – apply now!
Contact: Karen Andrews, telephone 01305 221260 and email@example.com