Granicus provides technology that empowers government organizations to create better lives for the people they serve. By offering the industry’s leading cloud-based solutions for communications, meeting and agenda management, and digital services to more than 3,000 public sector organizations, Granicus helps turn government missions into quantifiable realities. Granicus products connect more than 150 million people, creating a powerful network to enhance government transparency and citizen engagement. By optimizing decision-making processes, Granicus strives to help government realize better outcomes and have a greater impact for the citizens they serve.
The Account Executive (AE) represents all Granicus products in the UK Government marketplace with responsibility for client acquisition and revenue growth in certain central government departments, health agencies or public sector bodies. This position reports directly to the VP, Granicus Europe and provides tremendous growth opportunity. Strong candidates will be focused on professional development and motivated to excel.
Working with all sizes of organisations and handling multiple accounts simultaneously, the AE has exceptional consultative selling skills, enjoys problem solving and is able to translate the capabilities of multiple technology platforms into specific benefits for a given government organisation.
The AE has expertise selling software and related services to communication, programme, public affairs and technology leadership within government, local government and healthcare and brings a detail-oriented approach to the job and drives the entire sales process from lead generation to procurement working closely colleagues in other functional groups.
The Granicus Europe sales team is a dynamic, results driven group charged with driving new revenue in a young and energised cloud vertical. Ours is a team that values individual initiative as well as teamwork. What we do makes a difference. Our products and services improve the efficiency of government and the quality of people's lives. Join us to make a difference for the company and, most importantly, for our customers.
What you get to do:
- Generate, develop and close sales opportunities within UK central and local government healthcare agencies, including enterprise deals.
- Understand complex customer requirements for digital communications with the public, Develop and independently deliver custom presentations on Granicus solutions to revolutionise the prospect's engagement with the public
- Develop effective strategies for winning in a competitive environment
- Manage internal resources, including sales support, marketing, and solutions consultants to present a compelling case to prospects
- Meet and exceed quarterly and annual sales targets
- Manage all aspects of sales in your territory including; prospecting, activity tracking, opportunity management, revenue forecasting, contract management, and closing deals
- Pursue leads generated by yourself and our inbound and outbound marketing efforts
- Support the management team in developing sales strategies
- Document all conversations, activities, and emails in our Salesforce CRM
- Write and present quarterly business reviews to Sales Management, Senior Management
- Peers travel about 50%
Skills & Requirements
What We Need In You:
- 3+ years of field sales experience in IT, Information Services, Digital Communications or Campaign Management
- 3+ Business Services sold on a subscription model
- Understanding of UK government health communications market
- Confident, competitive, thorough, flexible, and tenacious
- Proven to be capable of managing 30 or more active opportunities and meeting sales objectives by closing 15 or more opportunities per year
- Capable of selling £100K+ deals as part of a diverse sales pipeline
- Goal-oriented and self-motivated
- Successful working independently as well as in a collaborative team
- Excited about managing multiple simultaneous priorities in a fast-paced environment Independently accountable for commitments and delivering the best performance by intelligent prioritisation
- Proven in your ability and passion for prospecting - frequently breaking into new accounts
You have demonstrated many of the following:
- Passion for Public Sector success
- Client focus - the desire and ability to understand what drives a client's needs Exceptional communication and presentation skills, both written and oral
- Significant accomplishments selling enterprise software, ERP, SaaS, Marketing/Communications Technology, or Marketing Services
- Success selling to Central and Local Government entities
- Impressive track record of C-Level sales activity
- Demonstrated effectiveness selling through partners, resellers, and/or integrators
- Knowledge of government procurement
The ideal candidate for this position will also meet many of the following requirements:
- Familiarity with public sector Digital Communication, Campaign and Behavioral Change strategies Understanding of Digital Transformation strategies and supporting technologies including
- Content Management Systems (CMS) (Drupal desirable)
- Customer Relationship Management (CRM) (SalesForce and MS Dynamics desirable)
- Fluency in French or German (desirable)
Examples of Likely Performance Metrics:
- Ability to clearly and concisely articulate the Granicus mission and how our solutions deliver it
- Total sales achieved against ACV goal
- Total sales achieved against Setup Fee goal
- Conversion ratio – leads resulting in new businesses
- General sales monitoring to agreed volumes of:
- First Meetings
- General ability to work as part of a team and as directed by VP, Granicus Europe
- Keeping of thorough records of customer/prospect interactions
Granicus is committed to providing equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.