Client Success Consultant
Granicus provides technology that empowers government organizations to create better lives for the people they serve. By offering the industry’s leading cloud-based solutions for communications, meeting and agenda management, and digital services to more than 3,000 public sector organizations, Granicus helps turn government missions into quantifiable realities. Granicus products connect more than 150 million people, creating a powerful network to enhance government transparency and citizen engagement. By optimizing decision-making processes, Granicus strives to help government realize better outcomes and have a greater impact for the citizens they serve.
The Client Success Consultant (CSC) will represent Granicus in the UK with primary responsibility for client retention. Key accounts will be chosen based on revenue size, complexity, and strategic importance to Granicus. The list of key accounts will be suggested by the CSC, developed in consultation with client services, and approved by the VP, Granicus Europe or his/her superior.
The position will report to the VP Granicus Europe with the objective of improving and expanding current sales and client services efforts. The CSC will work closely with sales, client services and product management to provide clients with best practice guidance on their Granicus experience while looking for additional up-sell opportunities.
This position requires consultative selling skills, expert problem solving capabilities, a strong technical understanding of the web, experience with Software as a Service (SaaS) platforms, and the ability to translate the capabilities of a technology platform into specific benefits for a given client.
- Guide clients to realise full value from their contracted services, ensuring client success and maximising retention
- Develop and keep current in-depth knowledge of public sector market, Granicus’s products and services, and competitive positioning.
- Ensure all strategic and target accounts are aware of relevant Granicus products, services and benefits that will contribute to their success.
- Enhance business relationships to leverage additional up-sell opportunities, including custom integrations
- Capture prospect referrals for the inside/outside sales team
- Work with key clients to ensure they are willing to reference our work and abilities
- Assist in uncovering future product needs and trends for the Product Development Team
- Work with client services and solutions consultants to ensure successful implementations for all listed account
- Keep thorough records of customer interactions
- Provide and/or coordinate appropriate resources, such as on-line demonstrations and sending the appropriate materials/events to clients in order to educate and nurture upsells.
- Ability to prioritise, organise, plan and coordinate activities/time with minimal direction.
Security Requirement: Responsible for Granicus information security by appropriately preserving the Confidentiality, Integrity, and Availability (CIA) of Granicus information assets in accordance with the company's information security program.
Skills & Requirements
- Passion for public sector success
- Degree or equivalent work experience.
- 1+ years of work experience; preferably in client care.
- Experience working with public sector clients at multiple levels of government (central and/or local)
- Industry experience in software, services, or subscription businesses preferred
- Depth of understanding in Web 2.0, social media and Software as a Service
- Excellent presentation, oral and written communication skills
- Outstanding interpersonal skills for relationship building
- World class problem solving skills
- Impressive record of improving client experience
- Enthusiasm for working in customer support
- Skill in enlisting internal help to navigate within a client organisation
- Comfortable in a fast-paced environment, able to manage multiple projects on tight deadlines
- Proven ability to collaborate with cross-departmentally including Sales, Client Services, Product Management
- Willingness to travel, as needed, up to 50%
Examples of Likely Performance Metrics
- Ability to clearly and concisely articulate the Granicus mission and how our solutions deliver it
- General ability to work as part of a team and as directed by VP, Granicus Europe
- Keeping of thorough records of customer interactions
- Number of client meetings – target in key accounts is a minimum of 1 per quarter
- Client renewal rate – ideally 100% - minimum level 95% ACV
- Number of client referrals – resulting in one new sales per quarter
- Client case studies and testimonials – agreement to develop one new or updated case studies per quarter
- Client satisfaction – feedback from clients and VP, Granicus Europe on customer focus and problem solving
Granicus is committed to providing equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.