Marketing and Communications Officer
The University of Manchester
Employment Type: Permanent
Faculty / Organisational Unit: Professional Support Services
School/Directorate: Directorate of IT Services
Division: ITS Performance Improvement and Reporting
Hours Per week: Full Time
Salary: £31,076 to £38,183 per annum
Location: Oxford Road, Manchester
Job Reference: PSS-09411
Closing date: 27 February 2017
IT Services at The University of Manchester is a vibrant and fast moving department; where we focus on delivering excellent customer service and quality services for our staff, students and researchers.
The Marketing and Communications team works to develop communications and marketing strategies/plans and outreach activities to staff and students across the University, as well as managing communications and engagement internally across our various IT teams. We work to support and promote the University’s IT services and projects, in support of the University’s strategic plan – Manchester 2020.
The Marketing and Communications Officer will work to deliver marketing and communications activities for the Directorate of IT Services, acting as ambassador for best practice in communications and marketing practices across the division.
Working with IT Services colleagues and wider communications and marketing teams across the University, the role will involve:
- Managing the internal communications and engagement processes across the Directorate of IT Services; developing strategies and tactics to keep information flowing across all of our teams and measuring channel effectiveness
- Working with wider University stakeholders to develop, manage and execute communications plans to a variety of University audiences
- Supporting the Marketing and Communications Manager in overseeing operational tasks within the team, along with contributing to strategic planning and development activities; often working with senior IT Leadership colleagues
- Working with IT colleagues to develop marketing plans for IT related products and services
- Managing marketing campaigns and events, such as to our students or third party organisations
The post holder will also be involved in developing digital content for presentations, publications and social media - so an eye for detail and creative outlook will be essential. As this role carries deputy responsibility for the Marketing and Communications Manager, we are also seeking an individual who is confident in their abilities; that can act decisively and proactively take the lead.
If you think this could be you, the key skills we are looking for that you should address within your application are:
- Proven experience in communications planning
- Experience of using and developing internal communications tools
- Experience of developing, implementing and monitoring digital communication channels
- Substantial experience in copywriting and editing
- Developed stakeholder management skills
- Experience of mentoring and leading others
- An understanding of digital design principles and experience of developing digital content
- Knowledge of relevant principles (eg: communication 7Cs, marketing 7Ps)
- An up to date knowledge of the communications and marketing industry
- An awareness of the Higher Education sector would be advantageous
Closing date: 27 February 2017
Interviews will be held on Monday 13 March 2017.
Enquiries about the vacancy, shortlisting and interviews:
Name: Kim Graakjaer, Marketing and Communications Manager
Tel: 0161 275 4499
Tel: 01565 818 234
For more information and to apply click here.
This vacancy will close for applications at midnight on 27 February 2017.