Corporate Communications Manager - Midlands
British Transport Police
Salary: Annual salary £28,863.78 per annum
Driving through a national campaign that makes children think twice before playing on the railways. Scrambling to the scene of a major incident and having the confidence to deal with both the demands of the media and police officers. Writing crime appeals and creating innovative content directly aimed at local people in the Midlands. Sound interesting? If you think so, we’d like to hear from you.
At British Transport Police (BTP), we’re looking for a Midlands Corporate Communications Manager on a fixed term 12 month basis. The job is based in Birmingham but we’d also like you to come and help out on the national press desk in London on a regular basis.
BTP is the national police force for Britain’s rail network. Every day we ensure the safety and security of over six million passengers and railway staff throughout England, Scotland and Wales.
As a Corporate Communications Manager for the Midlands, you will be required to:
- Act as a senior advisor on all aspects of media relations (traditional, social and digital)
- Be responsible for developing and delivering communication strategies and campaigns, both in the local area and nationally
- Lead and manage media relations activity during emergencies, major and critical incidents
- Promote BTP through media activity – writing news stories, handling the social media accounts for the Midlands, promoting good cases and regularly meeting with officers on your patch
In return for your experience, we can offer you:
- Annual salary £28,863.78 per annum
- 28 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Final salary pension
- Various salary sacrifice schemes (cycle to work/childcare) and retail discounts
Interviews to be held week commencing 8 May 2017. The 12 month contract is to begin in August.
For more information and to apply please click here.