South Ribble Borough Council
Salary: £32,233 - £37,107 plus 14.9% contribution to the Local Government Pension Scheme
Full Time / 37 hours per week
Closing date for applications: 5 November 2018 (12 noon)
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join South Ribble Borough Council’s fast-paced communications team, based in Leyland.
You will play a vital role in managing all aspects of internal and external communications.
Do you have what it takes to tell the people of South Ribble about the top quality and efficient services their council delivers in a compelling and engaging way.
We’re looking for a creative and confident communicator, who is brimming with enthusiasm and ideas with experience of
· Delivering communications in a public or private sector organisation of comparable scale and complexity.
· A track record of delivering projects in line with ambitious corporate plans and targets.
· Contributing to organisational transformation programmes, corporate strategy and plans.
· Working with stakeholders on communication channels and platforms.
· Awareness of local government governance and the role of Elected Members in the decision-making process.
· Leading marketing campaigns and managing content across all channels including print and digital.
· A can-do, customer orientated and outcome focused approach to doing business.
· Freedom. You will be empowered to think, innovate and deliver.
· A One Team, One Council culture where everyone is working collaboratively to deliver on our promises.
· A constantly changing environment; in a good way! You’ll never get bored.
You must have a relevant degree or equivalent professional qualification and significant experience in communications or journalism.
In return, you’ll get to work with a top-class, friendly team, great training opportunities and excellent working conditions.
To apply visit our website at www.southribble.gov.uk/jobs or telephone our Human Resources Team on 01772 625203.
Closing date for applications: 5th November 2018 12 Noon.
South Ribble Borough Council is committed to equality of opportunity and welcomes applications from all minority groups within the community.