Communications and Stakeholder Manager
Winchester City Council
Salary: £34,106 - £40,858 per annum (Subject to Job Evaluation process)
Closing date: 23 December 2018
Reporting to the Head of Corporate Communications, this role is pivotal in ensuring that the Council is communicating effectively and collaboratively on current and future projects, protecting and promoting the council’s reputation.
• Develop and implement engagement and communications programmes for select projects, working closely with the project office lead.
• Manage the day-to-day stakeholder communications, including proactive and reactive media management, of the council’s major projects.
• Help corporate communications team respond to media interest in a timely manner (e.g. provide content and facts for media team to draft press releases and develop ‘lines to take’.
• Monitor feedback and act on this to improve communications and service delivery.
• Organise engagement and consultation events, working with the Engagement & Insight Officer.
• Working with the project office lead and central communications team, create and manage collateral for a range of purposes and using the most appropriate channels (both online and offline), ensuring they are of high-quality and on brand.
• Report on major projects communications to programme leads and corporate head of support services.
• Liaise with project teams to provide content for use in corporate communications e.g. internal communications, newsletters, posters.
• Demonstrable experience working in an external communications role
To apply send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org