Regional Communications Officer - Midlands and East of England
McDonald's Restaurants UK
Location: Remotely (within Mids & East), frequent travel within region
Salary: £32,000 plus car or car allowance
Closing Date: 19 March 2018
Devise and execute an integrated communications plan that supports business strategy and drives greater trust in the brand across the region whilst supporting franchisees in their role as local spokespersons.
Achieve this through developing news and content that informs a range of key local audiences, building positive relationships with journalists, elected representatives and other key influencers and stakeholders, working in partnership with local franchisees.
- Develop, lead and implement the Mids & East communications plan in partnership with franchisees, agencies and colleagues
- Lead on communicating positive news about McDonald’s across the region through traditional PR activity and online influencer engagement. Will also involve managing dedicated agency support to assist in this area
- Maintain a strong working relationship with the franchisee community, supporting them in their role as local spokespersons and ambassadors for the brand whilst providing guidance and counsel on their stakeholder engagement and media relations.
- Assume responsibility for the delivery of a project and/or campaign on behalf of the wider Regional Communications team. This work will require developing the plan and framework, engaging all relevant agencies, setting and delivering against KPIs and managing the communication with internal audiences/partners.
- Support the company’s business strategy including growth plans, with communications support and local engagement for new restaurant applications, openings and extended hours licensing applications
- Work closely with the Media team to investigate and respond to enquiries on a wide range of issues and on-call national press officer duties (rota basis).
We are looking for an innovative and creative communicator who enjoys variety within their role and appreciates the value of relationship building and engagement.
Strong knowledge and understanding of the external media and political landscape within the region is preferred as is a demonstrated ability to understand business strategy and the role of communications to effectively shape and support it.
As a field based role, it will suit a motivated, self-starting individual who will enjoy the autonomy and responsibility of managing and prioritising their time and resources and leading the development and implementation of their regional plan
Closing Date: 19 March 2018
All applications for this role should be submitted before 12 noon.
1st interviews likely to be held either w/c 26th March or 2nd April in Sutton Coldfield.
There will then be a 2nd and final interview stage that will take place in London (travel expenses will be covered for those candidates invited to 2nd interview).
Role available for immediate start
Please send your CV and a covering letter that tells us why we should be inviting you for an interview to Dan Cooper, email@example.com