Head of Communications
Tauheedul Education Trust
Permanent / 37 hours per week
Salary: £48,603 - £53,646 (TSM4 Scale Point 54 – 59)
Local Government Terms & Conditions and Pension Scheme
Closing date: 25 April 2018 (12 noon)
We are seeking to appoint a dynamic and talented individual to lead the communications function of the Tauheedul Education Trust. You will work creatively and collaboratively with schools across the Trust and colleagues in the Central Team to ensure that ‘strong communication’ is at the heart of the organisation’s culture and ethos and underpins the Trust’s vision of Nurturing Today’s Young People, Inspiring Tomorrow’s Leaders.
Your work will be wide-ranging. You will lead on the delivery of the Trust’s Communications Plan. You will build on our existing communication channels, evaluating the impact using measurable indicators to deliver compelling communications that establish our brand voice and messaging. You will lead on the drafting of content plans that position the Trust and each of our schools as leaders in driving social mobility and delivering educational excellence.
You will oversee a team of communication experts, effectively managing performance and ensuring quality and consistency of our messaging, within agreed budgets and timeframes. You will lead on internal communications, communicating our broader strategic aims to the organisation.
- be highly analytically oriented but also an out-of-the box thinker with a strong creative mind
- have a track record of leadership of teams and communications strategies across different channels and platforms
- have strong internal communications expertise to deliver transformational change and drive engagement
You will find an organisation that:
- is passionate about its vision of ‘Nurturing Today’s Young People, Inspiring Tomorrow’s Leaders’
- has a supportive ethos and concern for the well-being of all members of our learning community
- has high ambitions for all and provides excellent opportunities for professional development
Tauheedul Education Trust (TET) is a not for profit multi-academy trust. TET runs a growing network of primary and secondary schools across the country. Educational excellence and social mobility are at its heart. Working particularly in areas of deprivation, the Trust has many years of experience of helping children and young people to raise their aspirations and achieve outstanding results.
We are committed to diversity and would welcome applications from all sections of the community. The role will be based in our Trust Headquarters in Blackburn, but may require you to travel to schools.
Please contact Dr Kathryn Chorlton on 0330-313-9800 if you would like an informal and confidential discussion regarding the role. Applicants must complete the Trust’s application form. CVs will not be accepted for this post.
Closing date: Wednesday, 25 April 2018 at 12 noon