Web Content Designer
The London Borough of Barnet
Contract Type: One year fixed-term
Working Pattern: Full-time
Salary: £37,293 - £41,898
Hours per week: 36
Vacancy ID: 107025
Closing date: 20 April 2018 (17:00)
London Borough of Barnet is looking for a web content designer to own our digital customer experience working with the Web Manager, you will develop an excellent understanding of the council's strategic and policy priorities, and be a trusted advisor to our services.
You will run projects that bring multiple experts together, adopting an Agile approach to service delivery, conducting user research and leading its translation into content design.
Embarking on a continuous and iterative content refresh across the most complained-about pages, you'll enhance discoverability and content, analysing and implementing best practice for content design, user experience, and customer journeys in relation to all content updates, working towards an inclusive ‘digital by default’ customer experience, and checking for and implementing AA accessibility across all content.
You will have:
- A proven track record of working successfully in government or local government digital services.
- A good understanding of the issues facing local government.
- High levels of IT literacy, including: familiarity with content management systems; web graphics software; web development software.
- Knowledge of public sector web standards; and best practice in website design and the use of social media.
- Skills in Agile project management and delivery.
- Able to build effective working relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Able to demonstrate an ability to clarify complex information in a clear user friendly way.
- Highly developed oral and presentational skills.
- Able to work to conflicting deadlines and to work in a totally flexible way, switching tasks and priorities as the situation demands.
- Highly developed ability to identify and manage confidential and sensitive information and to operate with professionalism and integrity.
- Able to plan and organise user testing events.
- Able to devise and implement internal and external customer services strategies.
- Able to demonstrate an understanding of the wider communications opportunities of the web.
If shortlisted you will be required to bring photographic ID to your interview to prove your identity.
To apply for this role, please visit https://jobs.barnet.gov.uk/job/Web_Content_designer/107025