nasen (National Association of Special Educational Needs)
Salary: £25k per annum
Contract – temporary maternity cover for an initial six months
Secondment opportunities will be considered
Closing date: 25 May 2018 (12 noon)
As nasen grows and develops, the nature of the duties in this role may also change and develop according to the needs of the organisation. This will require a flexible and adaptable approach. The key duties and responsibilities include:
- To support the Head of Sales and Marketing by contributing to nasen’s strategic priorities:
- To deliver outstanding training and professional development for education professionals.
- To publish high quality research, information, advice and guidance for education professionals.
- To provide a national and international voice for a growing nasen membership.
- To offer SEND (Special Educational Needs and Disabilities) consultancy services, including high level policy reform and bespoke professional development.
- To promote nasen across the UK through targeted marketing campaigns so that all schools are aware of the nasen offer and a significant proportion take up nasen membership.
- To produce marketing collateral for nasen.
- To market the nasen brand and offer through the effective use of social media.
- To support nasen’s PR profile through our strategic partner, Mango Marketing.
- To represent nasen at exhibitions and events.
- To manage nasen’s digital media requirements.
Membership Communication Responsibilities
- To manage the production of nasen’s monthly e-newsletter and mailings to members and other contacts as required.
- To liaise with the Website Administrator to maintain and develop nasen’s websites.
- To develop, write and produce marketing material and campaigns to attract new members and retain existing members, working closely with external organisations as required.
- To produce regular marketing reports (e.g. website usage) highlighting trends and topical issues.
- To work in partnership with the Membership Co-ordinator to ensure membership services are well communicated and accessible.
- To safeguard the integrity of nasen’s membership database by adhering to the Data Protection Act 1998 in relation to the use member’s personal data and their rights under the Act
- To manage the nasen welcome inbox, providing information, advice and guidance to the membership network
To submit an application, please submit a CV and covering letter addressed to Gina Wookey at email@example.com, by no later than 12pm on Friday 25 May.