Digital Content Officer
Blackburn with Darwen Borough Council
SCP 25-29 - £23,111 - £26,470
Fixed Term - 12 Months
Closing date: 2 July 2018
The Web and digital communications team maintains and constantly improves our public-facing website; a critical business resource providing information about services to Blackburn with Darwen’s residents and visitors.
The main purpose of the Digital content officer role will be to produce and prepare content for the Council’s website and digital services. Developing strong relationships with service experts across the organisation, the role will be to support the development of the new Council website and its ongoing content management through the proofing, editing, and publishing of content.
1. Supporting the Web and digital communications manager in the management of a full and comprehensive corporate website content maintenance and support service, creating, editing and managing high quality accurate and timely web content across the council's on the website relating to council services.
2. Preparing new and review existing content originated by service experts across the organisation for publication according to corporate web style guidelines taking complex language and processes and making them simple to understand.
3. Publish content using the web CMS social media (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram), and any new digital channels the Council adopts.
4. Monitor content publishing to make sure that we adhere to our corporate content standards and challenge inappropriate content.
5. Liaise with internal departments, advising them on the most effective and efficient way to communicate clearly and effectively through digital channels including web and social networking.
Deadline for applications is July 2, 2018.
Interviews will take place on July 12, 2018.