Communication Officer (12 Month Maternity Cover)
Futures Housing Group
Location: Asher house, Ripley
Salary: £26,000 - £28,000
Closing Date: Friday 27 July 2018
Are you our new storytelling superstar?
We need a writing wizard to sprinkle some sorcery on our storytelling so we can let the world know about our exciting, ambitious and growing business.
Our award-winning communications team needs a talented writer with a great nose for news, magic media relations skills and a craving for current affairs.
This is an important role for Futures Housing Group. Here’s why:
- you’re our chief reporter, hunting down and writing the stories behind our amazing statistics;
- you’re a master of turning complex, technical language into plain English;
- your clear, concise and creative communication is the stuff of legend;
- your storytelling prowess helps us get noticed nationally and locally;
- your news sense borders on the paranormal and your attention to detail is razor sharp;
- you love gadgets and social media, and totally get the power of digital communication.
This is a challenging, rewarding, fun and varied role with a friendly, award-winning team in an ambitious, innovative and growing organisation. What’s not to like?
That sounds like me. What can you offer?
We could brag about our competitive salaries or generous holiday entitlement. Or we could wax lyrical about the range of amazing benefits we offer as part of Our Futures Rewards.
But we think there are five big things which makes Futures a great employer.
- It’s work, your way. Do your best work in Starbucks? Then grab yourself a cup of Joe. Need to work from your own place? Go ahead, make yourself at home. Love the buzz of our friendly office? Then grab yourself a hot desk.
- We are flexible. We know life is what happens while you’re busy making other plans. So we give you the flexibility to strike your work / life balance.
- We invest in your success. We love to see our people doing well, so we have a dedicated training and development budget to help you reach your potential.
- We’re innovators. We’ve just launched Futures Frontiers, a project to identify and experiment with new technology to help boost our business. You’ll love helping make innovation in technology part of our DNA.
- We’re award-winning. We love to win and we want to be known as a centre of excellence for customer service, transformation, development, innovation and training. You will play a huge part in helping us achieve that.
About Futures Housing Group
Futures Housing Group is an innovative business which provides nearly 9,100 affordable homes throughout the East Midlands, owns a social enterprise, a commercial development company and co-owns a further education provider.
We provide around 6,000 homes in Derbyshire and Nottinghamshire and around 3,000 homes in Northamptonshire but our ambitious business plan includes the development of more than 1,000 homes for rent, homes for sale, shared ownership and private-market rent.
Not only that, but Futures provides excellent housing and support services for our customers and the local community.
If you are interested in finding out more about the role before applying please contact Mike Underwood, Head of Communications, at email@example.com