Communications Officer (x2)
The Electoral Commision
Directorate: Communications and Research
Full time and permanent
Salary: £28,551 per annum
Closing date: 9 September 2018 (23.59pm)
Are you an ambitious communicator looking to develop your career at an organisation playing a vital role in our democracy?
We are seeking two Communications Officers to join our Campaigns and Corporate Communications team.
Who we’re looking for
We’re looking for people who are proactive, energetic, and able to consistently meet deadlines while maintaining a strong attention to detail.
The team’s functions range from managing websites and other digital channels, to running campaigns, delivering internal communications, developing our brand and producing publications. Your skills could cover a number of these areas, or you could have specific experience in a few of them.
You will need good project and relationship management skills. You’ll have input on others’ work so you’ll need to establish yourself as a trusted authority on the areas you’re responsible for.
The ability to use content management systems, Google Analytics, and Adobe Photoshop or InDesign would be helpful too.
What you’ll be doing
Depending on your skills and experience, you could be responsible for:
· managing our websites, including creating content and liaising with our agencies on development and technical support work
· training people in using our content management system and providing insights on effective content
· supporting the delivery of our multi-media voter registration campaigns
· producing social media content in line with our digital strategy
· contributing to internal communications
· coordinating publications and other design work, including liaising with designers and printers
What we offer
We offer excellent terms and conditions, including flexible working hours and the opportunity to join the Civil Service pension (dependent on scheme rules).
How to apply
You can apply for this role on our website with a supporting statement outlining how your experience and skills meet the essential criteria in the job description.
The closing date for applications is Sunday 9 September, 2018 at 23:59PM, and interviews will take place in the week starting Monday 17 September.