External Communications Manager
Permanent | 37 hours per week
Salary: £31,401 - £37,107 (M1 SCP 35-41)
Local Government Terms & Conditions and Pension Scheme
Closing date: Thursday, 13 September 2018 (at midnight)
We are seeking to appoint a dynamic and talented External Communications Manager to join the Central Communications Team.
This is a newly created role. Working with the Head of Communications, you will manage and deliver the Trust’s external communications work programme.
Your role will be wide-ranging. You will lead on media relations and work across the marketing, comms and social media mix to increase understanding and awareness of Star’s mission, impact and expertise.
You will manage the Trust’s Press Service, writing a range of engaging content including news releases and reactive statements. As well as managing corporate social media channels, you will monitor media coverage, prepare measurement analyses and report results in a timely way.
Working creatively and collaboratively with schools across the Trust and colleagues in the Central Team, you will also implement marketing and communications strategies to support the recruitment of pupils and staff.
This is a fantastic opportunity for the right candidate, looking to take the next step in developing their career within an exciting and ambitious organisation.
• be an energetic, resourceful and self-motivated communicator, with good knowledge and experience of a broad range of online and offline channels
• have strong external/corporate communications experience, with a focus on media relations and social media
• possess exceptional written skills and creative flair
• have the ability to build great relationships at all levels within the organisation and with the people we work with
You will find an organisation that:
• is passionate about its vision of ‘Nurturing Today’s Young People, Inspiring Tomorrow’s Leaders’
• has a supportive ethos and concern for the well-being of all members of our learning community
• has high ambitions for all and provides excellent opportunities for professional development
Star Academies is a not for profit multi-academy trust that runs a diverse network of primary and secondary schools across the country. We are a values-based organisation, committed to enhancing social mobility. All our efforts are geared towards raising the aspirations of children and young people in areas of social and economic deprivation to improve their life chances and help them succeed at the highest levels of education, employment and the professions.
We are committed to diversity and welcome applications from all sections of the community. The role will be based in our Trust Headquarters in Blackburn, but may require you to travel to schools.
Please contact Dr Kathryn Chorlton on 0330-313-9800 if you would like an informal and confidential discussion regarding the role. Applicants must complete the Trust’s application form. CVs will not be accepted for this post.
Closing date: Thursday, 13 September 2018 at 12 midnight
Interviews: Wednesday, 19 September 2018
MORE INFORMATION AND APPLY
Star Academies is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. This post is subject to satisfactory clearances including references, DBS checks, health clearances and proof of legal working in accordance with the Asylum and Immigration Act 1996.