Hertfordshire County Council
County Hall, Hertford (with travel throughout the County)
Starting salary: £21,693 – £29,055
Permanent and Fixed-term 18 months Contract available
Closing date: Sunday 9 September 2018
Hertfordshire County Council is a leading local authority with an award winning Communications department. We are looking for an assertive, creative and experienced Multi-Media Officer to join our busy team. As part of a busy press office you will be working closely with the campaigns team to raise awareness of key services provided within the county. The role is busy, exciting and will require expert negotiation and influencing within the political environment as well as strong relationships with local, trade and national media.
- Degree or equivalent in a relevant field (Journalism, Communications, PR)
- Excellent communication skills - written and verbal
- Experience of working in a busy press office
- Fantastic news sense (Corporate)
- Experience of making engaging content - video / photographs / infographics (Services)
- Experience of developing excellent internal and external stakeholder relationships across complex organisations, preferably within local government, and able to champion the communications service offer
- Writing, producing and sharing accessible and engaging content for a range of different communications channels and audiences.
- Working with colleagues from across the council to promote important services and policies to Hertfordshire residents and other key stakeholders, across the council’s communications channels
- Identify opportunities for positive multi-media coverage and engaging with more modern multi-media channels, as well as potential risks to the council’s reputation
- Pitching news stories and media events to local, regional, national and trade press
- Proactively promote the key services by producing multi-media content in a planned way, focussing on the main directorate priorities
This role will also be required to be part of the emergency out of hours on call rota.
- Flexible working arrangements
- Excellent Career Development
- Salary exchange for additional benefits
- Excellent pension scheme with employer contributions
- Shopping discounts
- Occupational maternity / paternity and adoption pay
- Excellent Wellbeing schemes
If you think you have what is required and you are ready for a challenging yet rewarding role then please apply now to find out more.
For an informal discussion about this role please contact Kate Norval on 01992 555213
Closing date: Sunday 9 September 2018 / Interview date: week commencing 18 September 2018