Digital Communications Manager
Government Equalities Office
Salary: £31,339 - £38,580
Permanent, full time
Closing Date: 15 September 2019
We’re looking for a talented digital content producer to join the Government Equalities Office’s Strategic Communications Team.
GEO is a catalyst and campaigner across government, harnessing the ambition across Whitehall for the equalities agenda. GEO leads on gender and LGBT issues, is responsible for the equalities legal framework and sponsors the independent Equality and Human Rights Commission (EHRC). GEO joined the Cabinet Office in April 2019, enabling us to have even more influence within government to drive meaningful progress.
As a Digital Communications Manager you will support the Senior Digital Communications Manager to develop a new digital strategy, whilst creating exciting content to be used across the GEO’s social media channels. You will have the opportunity to work as part of a multi-functional team which includes media and strategic communications specialists. There will also be opportunities to work with the GEO’s ministerial team, providing them with sound advice on digital communication.
As the digital communications manager you’ll need to:
• plan, write, create and edit high quality graphics, animations and videos to tight deadlines
• provide content production expertise, planning and executing creative design tasks
• run day-to-day activity on GEO’s social media channels, working with policy and press colleagues to draft and approve content
• deliver campaigns through social media, taking ownership of projects from idea phase through to reporting
• use social media insight and analytics to evaluate activity and develop content based on insight
• advise communications and policy teams on effectively using social media to support campaign activity
• be willing to work outside core office hours on occasion.
Skills and experience
The ideal candidate will have:
• experience of creating engaging multi-media content for social media channels
• excellent all-round creative content and design skills, particularly with the Adobe Creative Cloud Suite: Photoshop, Premiere Pro, After Effects and InDesign, with significant experience of creating short animations and videos to tight deadlines
• experience of capturing content through filming, film editing and photography
• experience of running social media accounts
• strong attention to detail
• excellent writing skills and ability to write engaging copy in plain English
• good political awareness and news judgement
• a clear understanding of all social media networks and awareness of the latest trends in graphics and short animations/videos
• proven relationship management and negotiating skills
Applications welcomed from recent graduates who can demonstrate these skills as well as content producers with some work experience
We'll assess you against these behaviours during the selection process:
• Communicating and Influencing
• Delivering at Pace
• Changing and Improving
• Managing a Quality Service
• Access to learning and development tailored to your role
• A working environment that supports a range of flexible working options
• A working culture which encourages inclusion and diversity
• A civil service pension
Things you need to know
Successful candidates must pass a disclosure and barring security check.
Selection process details
This vacancy is using Success Profiles, and will assess your Behaviours and Experience.
Feedback will only be provided if you attend an interview or assessment.
Apply and further information
Contact point for applicants
Andrew Moore (before 26th August), Lianne Dillsworth (after 26th August)