Location: Office-based, London W1
Benefits: Pension Benefit, Private Health Insurance, 25-days paid holiday + public
Established by the Jeremy Coller Foundation in December 2015, the FAIRR Initiative is a collaborative
investor network that raises awareness of the material ESG risks and opportunities in global protein
FAIRR helps investors to identify and prioritise these factors through cutting-edge research that
investors can then integrate into their investment decision-making and active stewardship processes.
FAIRR also runs collaborative investor engagements with global food companies to improve
performance on selected ESG issues in intensive livestock production.
Founded in 2002, the Jeremy Coller Foundation is the philanthropic vehicle of private equity
entrepreneur Jeremy Coller. The Foundation is a strategic grant-making organisation with two
primary focus areas. Firstly, the Foundation is working to further venture and management
education, partnering with Tel Aviv University on the Coller Institute of Venture and the Coller School
of Management. Secondly, the Foundation seeks to address animal welfare, environmental and
human health issues caused by factory farming through both grant-making and the FAIRR Initiative.
ABOUT THE ROLE
FAIRR and JCF are hiring for a Communications Officer to lead on our marketing and content creation.
This is an exciting opportunity for an ambitious candidate to influence investors and companies to
drive change in the global food system.
FAIRR and JCF currently work with a number of external agencies on our communications efforts. The
successful candidate will be managing these agencies and collaborating with ESG Communciations,
which serves as our principal PR and Communications consultant.
This role will report to Maria Lettini, Director, FAIRR, and Rosie Wardle, Programme Director, JCF. The
postholder will spend approximately 80% of their resource on FAIRR, and 20% on other JCF
▪ News response: Monitor global media for articles of interest and be responsible for the
▪ Content creation: Contribute engaging content for an investor and/or corporate audience,
including blogs and articles
▪ Social media: Manage a more extended FAIRR social media output including a greater volume
and diversity of posts that include infographics, and call backs to key FAIRR products and
▪ Web design: Manage web design projects, working with a third-party agency to produce
engaging and appealing online content from project ideation to completion
▪ SEO: Manage third-party agency and monitor performance against key KPIs
▪ Direct communications: Monitor and manage FAIRR’s mailouts to its list of contacts,
coordinating and creating an appropriate schedule for direct mail
▪ Events: Plan and manage events, create powerpoint slides for speakers and conduct
additional research where required
▪ Data analysis: Monitor and assess communications data, incorporating findings into FAIRR
strategy when relevant.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCIES
▪ 2-3 years’ experience of working in corporate communications, preferably in the financial or sustainabilty industry
▪ Good understanding of environmental, social and governance issues, ideally in the food and agriculture space, or willingness to learn
▪ Strong attention to detail
▪ Able to organise the FAIRR team and wider membership for input to social media and news response content
▪ Ensure the FAIRR brand is appropriately presented across all external and internal
▪ Excellent producer of content, understanding JCF and FAIRR’s key messages and able to
produce content for tweets, blogs and powerpoints
▪ Design skills for basic items such as Twitter cards, flyers etc.
▪ Experience of using communications data including Google Analytics to inform organisational strategy and reporting
▪ Experience of event management and producing speeches and presentations
▪ Experience of managing web design and SEO agencies
▪ Able to foster a good relationship with FAIRR’s external PR agency.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send your CV, cover letter, and a 300-500 word writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org