Somerset County Council
37 hours per week
Salary: £29,636 - £33,799 per annum
Fixed term contract for 18 months
Closing date: 7 October 2019
We’re taking Somerset County Council on the road next year and are looking for an enthusiastic Events Coordinator to make it happen.
We provide great services and support for the County’s 500,000+ residents and are planning an extensive programme of public engagement events that take some of those services out into our wonderful communities.
About the job
Working as part of the Communications Team you’ll be responsible for planning and delivering roadshow-style events in towns and villages, working with third-party suppliers as needed.
As an events expert, you’ll be responsible for making sure we’re in the right places and engaging as many people as possible. From the big crowd-pullers to smaller village events - we want to be there.
We need engaging materials and collateral, and a scalable event offer that delivers some of the Council’s support, spreads the word about the wider services and gathers feedback on key issues and questions.
You’ll need excellent organisational skills, a can-do attitude and the confidence to work closely with internal and external stakeholders as well as the public.
You’d be joining the Corporate Communications Team, making you part of a small and friendly team which is at the heart of the Council and the great work it does.
This is an exciting opportunity to make a real impact and if you’d like to find out more, please get in touch. You can email Mark Ford, Service Manager – Communications Operations on email@example.com to arrange a chat.
The post is being offered initially on an 18-month fixed term contract, though there may be scope to extend.
What we’ll offer in return
We are proud to offer an environment that is supportive and rewarding, working as part of a team who are passionate about the work they do to improve the lives of people in Somerset. We offer great training and development opportunities, with supportive management. As well as this, we have some fantastic employee benefits available:
· We promote a healthy work-life balance and offer flexible working arrangements wherever possible, including working from home.
· Generous annual leave allowance, with the opportunity to purchase additional leave.
· Staff discounts in gyms.
· Employee Assistance for the times you may need some support and a variety of employee wellbeing services.
· Auto enrolment onto our generous Pension Scheme and optional pension enhancement through our Additional Voluntary Contribution scheme.
· A Flexible Benefits Scheme via salary sacrifice to obtain a cycle for work, computers, mobile phones and health screenings.
· My Staff Shop offering discounts in shops, online shopping, restaurants, cinema tickets, insurance benefits and more.
Somerset County Council is subject to Part 7 of the Immigration Act (2016) and therefore the ability to speak fluent English will be an essential requirement for customer-facing roles.
Closing date: 7 October 2019
Job ref: SCC00848TC