created by Darren Caveney back in 2011, comms2point0 has quickly become the go to online learning space for communicators.
“one of my absolute aims was to fly a flag for comms people everywhere. connecting and nurturing, mentoring and encouraging, comms2point0.co.uk was created to support our community. i respect the community because I’m part of the community. and I understand the demands placed upon you, I feel your joy and pain.”
after 12 years as an award-winning director and head of communications, Darren launched Creative Communicators Ltd in 2015 - a specialist communications consultancy which has since supported over 100 organisations and in-house teams across the UK.
a specialist communications offer…
here are some examples of the kinds of projects I deliver for organisations and communications teams:
- creating a new communications delivery model and strategy for a large council - providing an effective comms service with reduced budgets and increased demands
- delivering my popular 'Supercharged Social Media' training for in-house teams
- delivering a marketing and branding refresh for a large housing organisation
- facilitating team away days and creative planning sessions to crowd-source new communications approaches, strategies and campaigns
- creating and leading a new internal communications strategy for one of the UK's largest organisations
- delivering strategic social media reviews, with an action plan for improved engagement and ROI, for 20+ organisations
- delivering strategy and evaluation training workshops in-house
- delivering trusted advisor training sessions for in-house communications teams
- providing social media training for elected members
- i provide tailored mentoring support for Heads of Communications, Communications Managers and Communications Officers - over the past 10 years I have mentored over a dozen leading communicators
- i have also spoken at or hosted over 150 industry events in the UK, mainland Europe and the Middle East
more about comms2point0 and Darren…
if it's happening in the UK right now, is digital comms related and in the public sector, comms2point0 is probably involved. comms2point0.co.uk has become a very popular industry website - in 2018 over 130k unique people visited.
the social media platform of choice is @comms2point0 where a highly engaged community of 15k followers share intel, ideas, and knowledge each day - give me a follow and you’ll see what I mean.
i am an associate with the Local Government Association, a co-organiser of the unique Comms Unplugged event which takes place annually in Dorset, and I co-host the Talking Comms Podcast.
i’d love to talk with you about your comms. However large, or small. UK based, European, or global. brilliant at shaping strategies that deliver, generating fresh ideas that work (really, really well) I champion the 'always be learning' mantra. i believe individuals should be continually working on their specialist communications skills and that organisations should be striving to improve the impact of their communications investment. whether you are an individual with ambition or an organisation who wants to do things a little differently, i can work with you on that.
if you'd like me to be involved in shaping your next project, creating an important strategy or campaign, or tailored team development give me a shout.
- Nicky Speed, Head of Communications, Sefton Council