Listening and monitoring is a challenge that every digital comms person must face when running a social account. Here are some thoughts...
We sponsored and attended CommsCamp, an unconference for public sector communicators.
We had a great time and you can read plenty about what other people had to say about it in this round-up of CommsCamp.
We ran a session on Listening and Monitoring in Social Media that was pretty well received so here are the slides and notes for you and anyone who was there.
- This is a taster class from our Social Media School. It’s all about how to listen and monitor in social media using cheap tools and a few simple techniques
- And a lot of those techniques we can learn from internet dating
- Except we’re going to be very promiscuos, we’re trying to meet a lot of people in order to find our true loves
- So here’s the structure for the class
- Let’s start with a bit of planning first; although many of the tools are free your time isn’t so we need to have a plan so we’re making good use of our time