Communications and Marketing Officer
The Coal Authority
Salary from £21,844 to: £31,042
Civil Service Pension, 27.5 days plus Bank Holidays + 6 days Flexi Leave, Performance Related Pay, Gym Membership contribution plus more
Closing date: 17 June 2019
Would you like to be a part of a forward thinking team, working collaboratively with departments across our organisation to deliver outstanding communications and marketing campaigns and activities to our customers?
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Communications and Marketing Officer to join our Communication and Brand team.
If you would like to be part of our team and contribute positively to the success of the Coal Authority, this is a great opportunity to join us.
We’re looking for an individual who has a degree in a relevant discipline or equivalent demonstrable experience in marketing and communications. It’s important that the successful candidate is passionate in developing, delivering and evaluating innovative marketing communications campaigns that contribute towards the strategic goals of our business.
· Previous marketing experience
· Degree in a relevant discipline or equivalent demonstrable experience
· Demonstrable relevant experience of managing and delivering marketing campaigns in a large and complex organisation – including experience of working in a commercial environment
· Experience of being a brand guardian and ensuring that visual identity guidelines are adhered to by teams across the organisation
· Experience of copywriting for different target audiences and channels to a high standard – including writing articles for publication in trade press and online
· Experience of applying a written style guide and adhering to plain English principles
· Experience of managing the production of marketing materials by working collaboratively with a creative design function (in house or external agency) and internal clients to produce marketing materials such as product literature and event equipment
· Experience of managing and authoring good quality content on WordPress
· Experience of managing social media channels (LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter). This should include using systems such as Hootsuite or Tweet Deck. Proven ability to seek out and engage with new audiences through targeted social media advertising campaigns
· Experience of using Google Analytics or analysing social media data/trends
· Experience of building relationships with trade press journalists and seeking out profile raising PR opportunities
· Ability to have difficult conversations, manage customer expectations and clearly explain next steps to support internal and external customers
· The ability to adapt to different stakeholder needs
· Experience of maintaining relationships with colleagues across departments to deliver marketing campaigns
· Experience of researching, planning, organising and managing events
· A high level of IT literacy, including Microsoft Office (including Excel, Word and PowerPoint)
· Excellent written, communication and presentation skills
· Ability to work to tight deadlines and prioritise tasks within a high volume workload
· Experience of market research and sector/competitor analysis
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills – with the ability to deal confidently with colleagues at all levels
· Strong marketing and customer focus
· Solution orientated, resilient and consultative approach
· Creative and innovative thinker – with the ability to research developments in the marketing profession
· Ability to work flexibly, collaboratively and effectively as part of a team
· Ability to take ownership and be accountable for your work
· Strong discipline for producing high standard of work to tight deadlines
· Ability to prioritise tasks for self and others
· Ability to analyse quantitative and qualitative data from a variety of sources and complex scenarios
· A good attention to detail in all aspects of work
· Flexibility relative to ongoing business needs
· Comfortable with understanding a level of technical and scientific information regarding Coal Authority work
Contact point for applicants:
Should you require our application form in a different format, please contact us via email
firstname.lastname@example.org , call 0345 762 6848 or write to the Human Resources team at The Coal Authority, 200 Lichfield Lane, Mansfield, NG18 4RG.
Please note that a written test will form part of the interview process. Detail will be given on the day.
Due to the large number of applications received, feedback will only be provided if you attend an interview or assessment.
MORE INFORMATION AND APPLY